Maintenance Mining Planner Site Services Century Mine in North West Queensland
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. They will use metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine. At New Century Resources, they rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by people to achieve world class outcomes.
An excellent opportunity now exits for a Maintenance Planner to join there team. This position will be offered on a 16:12 roster with FIFO available for non-local candidates (point of hire Cairns/Queensland).
The overall purpose of this position is to undertake accurate, high quality short and long-term planning of maintenance work that enables the Site Services maintenance teams to carry out all tasks safely and efficiently.
Key Accountability shall include:
- Establishing and maintaining short and long terms maintenance plans for equipment and site services.
- Ensuring maintenance and Project costings are kept within budgets.
- Reviewing, prioritizing and scheduling work orders.
- Planning, organizing and monitoring shut down maintenance.
- The sourcing of parts and equipment.
- Play a key role in the migration of site data to Pronto.
- Working as part of a team, to respond, and react to situations of a non-maintenance nature that may develop on the site.
- Other duties will be expected to support the Site Services Team and will be requested, therefore your flexibility is paramount
- Other skills that you have will be called upon
- Support Project Planning at both the Lawn Hill Site and Kurumba Port Facility.
- Provide coverage as required for the Site Services coordinator and/or Site Services Superintendent.
Applicants shall possess the following technical, interpersonal skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years’ maintenance planning experience within Heavy Industry.
- Resources/ mining or related experience.
- Trade background with post trade certification/training.
- Strong software applications skills such as MS Excel and Word.
- Pronto systems and training.
- Remote site experience.
- Effective communicator at various levels.
- Conflict resolution.
- Client and safety focused.
- Experience working with indigenous employees (highly valued).
- Current C Class Drivers license.
- Senior First Aid.
New Century Resources offers:
- Competitive remuneration.
- Performance Incentives.
- Salary packaging.
- Smart TV’s in bedrooms.
- Two gyms on site.
Please read the above requirements closely and upload a resume and cover letter (word document only) outlining how you meet the above criterion. For more information on New Century Resources please refer to their website: www.newcenturyresources.com
Applicants should be aware if applying in other states cost of flights to Cairns (point of hire) will not be covered.
New Century Resources encourages applications from Indigenous Persons, particularly from members of the Communities surrounding the Century operations in Doomadgee, Burketown, Normanton, Karumba and Mornington Island.
They welcome your interest in joining there team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Maintenance Mining Planner Site Services FIFO Queensland