Maintenance Supervisor – Coal Mining Jobs
LCR Group is a privately owned company providing mining and industrial services to the resources, construction and heavy industry sectors within Australia and Overseas. Employing a workforce in excess of 350 people, the Company prides itself on being a progressive employer with an innovative and supportive culture.
Seeking a motivated person for the role of hands-on Maintenance Supervisor, to coordinate all the scheduled / breakdown & preventative maintenance at Jellinbah / Yarrabee coal haulage operation. The roster is 12-13hrs per day, 7 on 7 off, dayshift only. The busy environment will require you to be adaptable to change and be able to effectively prioritize daily duties.
Role responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, plan and schedule the maintenance of plant and equipment
- Ensure efficient utilization of labour, parts, and equipment resources
- Achieve planned equipment availability
- Develop and maintain plant and equipment schedules
- Review and report on actual work completed with recommendations for appropriate corrective action
- Maintain maintenance reports, records and work procedures
- Update and review relevant data is available for component history tracing.
- Failure forecasting, schedule/ preventative maintenance forecasting
- Budget forecasting and increased equipment availability and tracking costs
- Assist other members of the maintenance department
- Actively seek opportunities to improve the maintenance process, particularly with regard to better use of equipment and develop formal improvement plans.
- Previous experience in coal haulage operations would be favorable
- Shift planning of maintenance staff
Arrangements of warranty work
To be considered for the position you will have:
- A recognized Mechanical Fitter trade qualification
- Sound technical background
- Experience in on road haulage equipment maintenance mainly Kenworth trucks/trailers
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment
- Computer literacy and ability to use all Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Current coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Generic Induction
In return they can offer:
- Competitive remuneration package including accommodation and meals when on roster
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a well-established Australian mining services provider
- Growth and development opportunities
- An overriding commitment to Safe systems of Work
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If you would like to join the team please apply!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply‘ button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Maintenance Mine Site Supervisor Jellinbah Coal Mining Jobs
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.