If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Jobs Cameby Downs
$37.44 h/r + Penalties + $7.5k Allowance
Lead a team of Trades People and Service Truck Operators to maintain, repair and service mobile equipment as per OEM specifications in a safe and efficient manner.
Work a 7 on 7 off roster, 12 hour shifts, rotating between day and night shift.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. The role will require you to:
- Promote and maintain compliance with the Safety & Health and Environmental Management Systems and associated legislative requirements.
- Coordinating the team’s daily workload – plan and organise work to meet team goals, determine and communicate priorities for the shift.
- Oversee scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, servicing and repairs on plant and equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with plant and equipment.
- Carry out quality control and audits on completed maintenance.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintenance practices.
- Carry out pre-start meetings.
- Provide employees with performance feedback and implement reward and recognition or performance management measures where required.
- Identify training and development requirements and provide opportunities for employees to improve the skills and knowledge.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience leading a team and coordinating workload at a crew level.
- Previous experience as a diesel mechanic.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate ability to use SAP.
- Good fault finding skills on heavy mining equipment.
- Work within time restraints and provide a safe workplace.
- Ability to lead a team and assign work to personnel whilst providing a harmonious workplace.
- Able to determine work priorities and manage multiple work fronts.
- Sound understanding of risk awareness and hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge of heavy equipment and fault finding processes (Komatsu preferred).
- Trade qualification
- Current RII Supervisor competencies (S1, S2, S3 and G2)
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training generic induction (preferred)
- Valid unrestricted driver licence
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of their employees. The following benefits are available to eligible wages employees:
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
About the business:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal their people are their most valuable asset and they invest in developing their management and leadership talent throughout their operations.
Cameby Downs is a small open cut thermal coal mine in the Surat Basin in Southern Queensland, between Chinchilla and Miles. They currently employee approximately 120 people, and aim to support their people with opportunities for training and career development.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.