If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Fitter Blackwater – Australia Mining Job
Working at Dyno Nobel provides the opportunity to be a part of an industry leading innovator in the explosives industry. Dyno Nobel, a business of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in commercial explosives. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
Dyno Nobel operates in multiple countries and geographies across the globe. Dyno Nobel is the market leader in North America – the largest explosives market in the world – and the second largest supplier in Australia – the third largest explosives market in the world.
- 7 / 7 roster DIDO or Residential
- Great $ Package
- Volvo FM Series cab-chassis, light vehicles, front end loaders and ancillary plant
Due to continued growth within the organization Dyno Nobel are currently searching for a Maintenance Fitter to provide support to Wesfarmers Curragh Mine site located close to Blackwater. You will be an integral part of the broader 50-person site that performs full-service explosives to the mine.
On a daily basis you will assist in maintaining a fleet of specialized explosive mixing vehicles – Volvo FM Series cab-chassis, as well as light vehicles, front end loaders and ancillary plant.
In this role, you will be required to plan and execute maintenance tasks via the Dyno Nobel maintenance management system and you will ensure that all tasks are conducted safely, with a high level of quality workmanship – as per weekly plans in SAP work order process.
This is a Drive in Drive Out or residential Blackwater on a 7 on, 7 off roster.
To ensure success in your application, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work within a team and multi-cultural environment
- Resourceful, self-motivated and efficient
- Ability to plan, manage and control resources within time and budget constraint
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize maintenance duties.
- Strong focus and leadership on all facets of Health, Safety and Environment
- Exhibit excellent attention to mechanical and written detail
To be ensure success in your application, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Trades certificate with sound trade experience
- A proven track record in applying and maintaining maintenance processes
- Previous experience with Volvo trucks highly regarded
- Explosive industry experience advantageous
- Experience in applying safety and quality control management techniques
- Positive, proactive, solution focused attitude with excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- HR Driver License and eligible to obtain Bulk Dangerous Goods Driver License
- Forklift License (desirable)
- Coal board medical and generic induction
- SSAN mandatory
They support diversity in the workplace, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Technically, you must have experience in fault finding, preventive and corrective maintenance on chemical manufacturing equipment/heavy machinery, together with basic computer literacy, experience in using electronic ordering systems and application of safety and quality control management techniques.
For a career with Dyno Nobel please submit your application directly below.
At the heart of Incitec Pivot’s culture is business excellence and they seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
They support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change, and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Maintenance Fitter Blackwater Curragh Mining Australia