You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mackay Underground Operator Jobs
Estimated Rostered Earn $105k + Bonus + Super
Mastermyne is searching for Underground Operators for work out in the Mackay & Coalfields region.
- 2 Year Secondary Support contract
- $400 average fortnightly bolting bonus
- Equal time roster
- Camp & Meals + salary sacrifice flights + kms + car lease
- Buss provided from Mackay > Camp > Site
About the opportunity:
A long-term partner of Anglo American, Mastermyne were first engaged to construct and undertake the initial drift development works in 2014. In 2016 they commenced our Ventilation Contract and most recently were awarded the Secondary Support contract in 2019.
The “Extras” they can offer beyond your weekly salary:
- Annual Leave paid as if at work
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study
- Paid study days for university study
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- Diploma Project Management
- Certificate IV Leadership
- Deputy Qualification
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family.
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone.
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards
- Family Christmas parties
- Employee Christmas gifts
- “Well Pay” – personal leave paid out on termination for employees on QLD and Illawarra Mining Projects
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350)
- Salary Packaging
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave
Minimum skills and experience required:
Quality, respect, mateship and family hold true in our business and they only seek underground operators aligned with these same values. Technical requirements they are seeking include:
- Underground Coal experience with a focus on Secondary Support work;
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical;
- Current QLD Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment;
- Tickets including LHD and Bucket, Airtrack Bolter, Man Transporter, Supply Trailer;
- Signed copies of training transcripts and/or authorisations;
- Valid Driver’s Licence