You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mackay Underground Fitter Jobs
Mastermyne is searching for Underground Fitters for work out in the Mackay & Coalfields region.
- 2 Year + Development Contract
- 7/7 Roster + Camp + Meals
- Moranbah region
What they can offer you:
The benefits of working for us extend way beyond your weekly salary. In addition to a competitive wage they offer:
- Annual Leave paid as if at work
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study
- Paid study days for university study
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family.
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone.
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards
- Family Christmas parties
- Employee Christmas gifts
- “Well Pay” – personal leave paid out on termination for employees on QLD and Illawarra Mining Projects
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350)
- Salary Packaging
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave
Minimum skills and experience required:
Quality, respect, mateship and family hold true in their business and they only seek underground operators aligned with these same values. Technical requirements they are seeking include:
- Underground Coal experience with a focus on Development work;
- Trades Certificate
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical;
- Current QLD Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment;
- Tickets including Miner Bolter, Shuttle Car, LHDs, Driftrunner;
- Signed copies of training transcripts and/or authorisations;
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
About the role:
At Mastermyne, Development success is measured by two things 1) strong safety performance, and 2) consistent production performance. This is non-negotiable. One cannot be compromised for the other. Hazard identification, critical risk management, back to basic’s good housekeeping and searching out for your workmates; if these values are important to you than Mastermyne is a great fit.
About the company:
Mastermyne has over 22 years’ experience delivering contract mining services in QLD and NSW and has a proven track record of delivering quality services to its customers.