Mackay HD Fitter Jobs
Stellar Recruitment are recruiting HD Fitters for work around the Mackay & Coalfields region. You’ll be doing repairs on CAT and Liebherr heavy earthmoving equipment. If this is you, be sure to send them over a resume!
- Temp to perm opportunities | 7/7 rosters
- Camp and meals provided | BIBO available
- Long term contract – Newly renewed
About the Role:
As the successful candidate, your role as a Diesel Fitter will see you providing preventative maintenance and repairs to CAT and Liebherr Heavy earthmoving equipment. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be an integral part of a highly collaborative team and have a strong results orientated disposition, with a focus on delivering high quality to optimise site productivity.
- Carrying out the required servicing, repairs and maintenance on large scale mobile mining equipment (CAT and Liebherr).
- Completing any required maintenance, breakdowns, component changes and services as directed to a high standard.
- Safety focused individual who has a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Passionate about quality of work and has a high attention to detail.
- Contributing to high housekeeping standards.
- Ensure all requirements of the site at met to maximise productivity and equipment utilisation.
Skills & Experience:
- Certificate III Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent qualifications
- Proven and demonstrated history working on large scale CAT and Liebherr mobile mining equipment including but not limited to CAT 789, 777, D11 and Liebherr 996 models
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*
- Any other High Risk tickets or competencies would be advantageous
- Long term contract
- Temp to perm opportunities
- Attractive hourly rate plus super on all hours work
- Buses from Mackay and Rockhampton
- Accommodation and meals provided
About the Company:
Stellar Recruitment are have partnered with a reputable mining client who has a focus on employing the best people to offer a variety of opportunities to learn, grow and advance. With a commitment to high performance, culture and working with integrity, their employees are encouraged to give it their all.
Apply Here for Mackay HD Fitter Jobs
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.