You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mackay HD Fitter Jobs
Stellar Recruitment are recruiting HD Fitters for work around the Mackay & Coalfields region. You’ll be doing repairs on CAT and Liebherr heavy earthmoving equipment. If this is you, be sure to send them over a resume!
- Temp to perm opportunities | 7/7 rosters
- Camp and meals provided | BIBO available
- Long term contract – Newly renewed
About the Role:
As the successful candidate, your role as a Diesel Fitter will see you providing preventative maintenance and repairs to CAT and Liebherr Heavy earthmoving equipment. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be an integral part of a highly collaborative team and have a strong results orientated disposition, with a focus on delivering high quality to optimise site productivity.
- Carrying out the required servicing, repairs and maintenance on large scale mobile mining equipment (CAT and Liebherr).
- Completing any required maintenance, breakdowns, component changes and services as directed to a high standard.
- Safety focused individual who has a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Passionate about quality of work and has a high attention to detail.
- Contributing to high housekeeping standards.
- Ensure all requirements of the site at met to maximise productivity and equipment utilisation.
Skills & Experience:
- Certificate III Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent qualifications
- Proven and demonstrated history working on large scale CAT and Liebherr mobile mining equipment including but not limited to CAT 789, 777, D11 and Liebherr 996 models
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Any other High Risk tickets or competencies would be advantageous
- Long term contract
- Temp to perm opportunities
- Attractive hourly rate plus super on all hours work
- Buses from Mackay and Rockhampton
- Accommodation and meals provided
About the Company:
Stellar Recruitment are have partnered with a reputable mining client who has a focus on employing the best people to offer a variety of opportunities to learn, grow and advance. With a commitment to high performance, culture and working with integrity, their employees are encouraged to give it their all.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website