See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mackay Diesel Fitter Jobs
$130K + Super, Mackay & Coalfields
Stellar Recruitment are posting permanent positions that will see you providing maintenance and repairs to a wide variety of heavy earthmoving equipment. With a strong attitude towards safety, this role will see you implementing your skills within the workshop to minimise downtime, along with field service exposure.
- Full Time Position | 7/7 Roster
- Flexible Travel Arrangements
- Attractive Yearly Salary | Annual Leave
- Maintenance, repairs and servicing to trucks, dozers, graders, loaders and excavators
- Workshop duties as required including housekeeping
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Carry out duties with a positive attitude to ensure productivity
Skills & Experience:
- Trade qualified Diesel Fitter or Mechanic
- Experience working on heavy earthmoving equipment incl. CAT, Hitachi and/or Komatsu
- Strong work ethic along with communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Ability to pass any pre-employment medicals and D&A screening
- Salary sacrificed flights
- Job security with a newly extended contract
- Uniforms and $40/week tool allowance provided
- Work-life balance on a 7/7 rotating roster
About the Company:
Stellar Recruitment are have partnered with a reputable mining client who has a focus on employing the best people to offer a variety of opportunities to learn, grow and advance. With a commitment to high performance, culture and working with integrity, their employees are encouraged to give it their all.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website