If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
See more jobs in the Job Information category.
Mackay & Coalfields Supervisor Mining Jobs
Thiess are searching for mining supervisors with S123 and G2 qualifications to work in the Mackay & Coalfields region. If you’ve got the relevant experience and mining qualifications, be sure to send over a resume!
If you want help making your resume stand out from the rest, download our Resume Tips eBook!
Responsibilities for Mackay & Coalfields Supervisor Mining Jobs:
- Manage course bookings, onsite training and inductions
- Manage a team of Training Specialists and Crew Trainers across the site
- Create and maintain site training plans
- Maintaining the site training needs analysis (TNA) to identify gaps between current skill, competency levels and required skill levels in consultation with key stakeholders
- Develop, implement and maintain site training plans with a focus on proficiency-based training outcomes
- Organise training activities while ensuring adherence to all legislative and Thiess requirements
- Coordination of Emergency Response Team training
Mining Job Details:
- 5 days on 2 days off roster starting with full camp facilities provided
- The Lake Vermont Project is situated outside of Dysart, in Central Queensland. This project is one of Thiess’ largest and longest running projects.
The following abilities and certifications are all highly regarded:
- Certificate IV Trainer Assessor
- S123 and G2 Qualification
- High level computer literacy
- Experience in managing a large site, complex Training needs analysis
- Strong administrative skills and experience in online training systems
- Ability to map training packages to recognised competencies (particularly RII packages)
- Experience with heavy earthmoving equipment (Dump truck, Watercart, Grader, Dozer, Loader, Excavator, Rope Shovel) and/or a Mining Maintenance background will be an advantage
About the Company:
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.