Machinery Operator Mechanical Maintenance – QLD job
- Competitive remuneration
- Air conditioned accommodation
- Prepared meals
- Development and training
- Transfer opportunities at the end of each season
They are looking to share the Australian experience and require employees from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of skills, talents and aspirations, and a strong work ethic to join.
Throughout AACo operations, safety is a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Wylarah is located in the Central Qld group, 15 km from Surat, the nearest service town, and 450 km west of Brisbane, Queensland.
You will be offered a comfortable 3 bedroom home. The house is located approximately 45 km from town that is serviced with a school up to year 10.
Duties & responsibilities
Main responsibilities will be water and supplementation of cattle. Includes:
- loose lick
- water medicated systems for supplementation and telemtry as well as water runs and trouble shooting issues
- Responsible for feeding rations to cattle
- Opportunity for station work and cattle work
Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- Take responsibility for your safe work behaviour
- Operate Grader, Forklift, HR Truck
- Perform basic maintenance work on machinery (grease and oil, changing tyres)
- Installation and repairs of water troughs, poly pipe and fittings
- Welding, oxy, cutting and grinding
- Fabricating gates, end assemblies
- Current HR License
- Mechanical qualifications/skills would be highly regarded and an advantage but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role – (driving a Grader, HR Truck, operating a Forklift)
- Proficient in constructing ‘whoa boys’ and grading roads to minimize soil erosion
- Experience with wheel loader
- Experience in working with cattle and basic animal husbandry skills
- Ability to work both alone or as a part of a team
- General station and machinery maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to organize a daily/weekly work schedule
- This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10–20 kilo’s and occasionally more.
- This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including hats, gloves, safety glasses, covered shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
- This job requires the ability to comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
All new employees will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment and Medical Questionnaire.
Remuneration will match the level of skill and experience demonstrated and in accordance with the company’s Certified Agreement.
This is not a complete list of job responsibilities and Job Descriptions may vary between sites.
Would you like to apply?
To apply to this or any other roles, please click on the ‘Apply for this position” button below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Machinery Operator Mechanical Maintenance Person Queensland