Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Machine Control and Guidance Technician – Newcastle NSW
The Technology and Solutions Group has a position available for a Machine Control and Guidance Technician who can assist with the field and office support of Caterpillar technology products.
The primary focus of the role is to carry out the installation, commissioning and training for customers/dealers in the use of the Caterpillar technology product range, and to provide on-going customer support.
This role will also have broader elements of sales, technical assistance, training, customer interfacing, liaison with internal technical staff as well as inputs to product development. You will be joining a strong team of committed individuals who enjoy learning new systems and products. Training will be provided for each of the products supported.
As the Successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Relevant trade or technical qualification + post trade qualifications in specialized areas of electrical engineering (i.e. electronics, mechatronics, telecommunications)
- Minimum of 4 years post trade experience in a similar role
- A strong applied electrical / electronic capability preferably within the heavy industrial sector
- Experience with and an understanding of electronics and PC based computer applications, associated global positioning systems and radio telemetry techniques
- Pro-active approach and dedication to Safety
- Attentiveness to customer request details
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- NSW Drivers License
Not essential, but will be highly regarded:
- An understanding of general Mining and Construction site operations preferably with onsite experience
- Understanding and experience with the Caterpillar electronic systems
WesTrac Pty Ltd is an Equipment Management business and one of the world’s leading Caterpillar Dealerships, operating in NSW, ACT and WA.
They know that there success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now as they look to the future, they are more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for their business.
The WesTrac culture is about energy, enthusiasm, contribution and being able to make a difference in what they do at work and beyond. You will be able to maximize value whilst continuing the investment they have in most important asset.
WesTrac offers various employee benefits including company funded income protection, salary packaging options, corporate private health plan, and a Fitness Passport allowing access to over 200+ gyms and pools at discounted rates. Newcastle branch has an on-site cafeteria along with employee parking.
Make the move with an industry leader today!
To submit your application for this challenging yet exciting role, please apply via the link.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Machine Control Guidance Technician Newcastle NSW