See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Longwall Operator Jobs Bowen Basin, QLD
OneKey is searching for Longwall Operators for mines out in the Bowen Basin.
Due to increased operational demands, they are currently recruiting experienced Development Operators NOW!
Successful candidates will have
- Demonstrated experience as an Underground Longwall Operator on a coal mine
- Current QLD Underground Coal Board Medical
- Current Underground Standard 11 Induction Training – Statement of Attainment
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. Birth Certificate, Passport or Citizenship Certificate)
- Evidence of previous experience on a mine site (e.g. Site Competencies/Training Transcript)
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
About the role:
- Immediate Start – Ongoing role
- Casual or Fix Term Contact
- Local Housing/Rental Subsidy
- 7/7 Roster, 12 hour shifts
- Coal Bonus (monthly)
- Flight Subsidy – return from Brisbane to Moranbah with airport pickup (Employees pay $125 for a return flight)
- Super on all hours worked
- Weekly pay cycle
- Meals and Accommodation provided
- Laundry Service provided
- Local onsite point of contact
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.