If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Longwall Fitters†for immediate start – Rio Tinto
One Key Resources are assisting Rio Tinto at their Kestrel Mine to help find skilled labour and to assist the Emerald & Capella community through providing local employment opportunities and long term work for locals.
Due to increased operational demands, experienced†Longwall Fitters are needed for an immediate start.
For the right people, expect to complete maintenance tasks on CAT Longwall Equipment while working a 5/4/5/5 roster within a production crew.
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual seeking new challenges. To be successful in this job you have as always to be safety-minded, have high level of skill in Underground Coal Mining and be an active member of the Emerald and Capella community.
Role Responsibilities include
- Fault finding, diagnose & repairing and/ or replacing components as required
- Accurately complete all required daily activity and safety reporting
- Maintain plant and equipment, ensuring compliance with regulations and site requirements
In return, these positions offer
- Immediate Start – Long Term Employment Opportunity
- $70.00 Per Hour + Super on all hours worked
- 12 hour shifts – Bus to and from site
- Lifestyle Roster – 5/4/5/5
- Residential role – Be home every night!
- Laundry Service
- Local onsite point of contact
The Successful candidates will have
- Demonstrated experience as a Longwall Fitter completing maintenance tasks on
- CAT Automated Longwall Equipment, Outbye Conveyor System and Diesel maintenance
- Trade Qualifications
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate – Mechanical Fitter / Diesel Fitter
- Post Trade Explosion Protected Diesel Engine Systems (DES)
- Post Trade Hydraulics – Desired
- Verified Underground Coal competencies
- Current QLD Underground Coal Board Medical
- Current Underground Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. Birth Certificate, Passport or Citizenship Certificate)
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture
- Ability to work as a part of a cohesive team
- Ability to pass a Pre-Employment Medical
If you are searching for a genuine career opportunity with Rio Tinto and are an active community resident searching for stable work, then send in your application
P.S. It’s a good idea to give your resume a once-over before you send it in, just to make sure you have the right keywords and your skills match that of the job.