Longwall Superintendent – Grosvenor Mine, QLD
ANGLO AMERICAN’s METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS, MORANBAH QLD
Their company exists to make a real difference for everyone whose lives they touch. They mine the materials that make modern life possible, in ways that are safer, smarter and more responsible. Anglo American has operated in Australia since 2000 and there portfolio includes thermal and metallurgical coal across five mines, both open-cut and underground.
There people are at the heart of business. It is there people who use the latest technologies to find new resources, plan and build their mines and who mine, process and move and market products to customers around the world.
They strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Longwall Superintendent – Grosvenor Mine, Moranbah
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing all aspects of Longwall section activities and resources to mine coal safely, optimally and in accordance with the annual mine plan. You will lead a team of operational, maintenance and automation Longwall Coordinators to maintain equipment in accordance with the short-term maintenance plan and will drive the team to safely deliver the annual Longwall targets and to improve performance over time.
To be successful in the role
- You will have to have a minimum five years’ experience working in an underground coal mining environment with a proven track record implementing longwall automation systems and bi-directional cutting.
- A 2nd or 3rd Class Certificate of Competency (Deputy Ticket) and/or Trade/ Engineering qualifications in an Electrical or Mechanical field will be highly regarded.
- You will have demonstrated ability to lead a team of mining professionals in a supervisory or superintendent capacity.
- Your strong communication skills and ability to drive performance in order to produce results will be key to your success in the role.
- A commitment to the ZERO Harm philosophy with demonstrated experience in delivering safety improvements and efficiencies will be essential.
This is a Monday to Friday roster, based in Moranbah. As well as a very competitive salary package, for approved roles, Grosvenor offers subsidized residential and modern accommodation options, Fly in Fly out (FIFO) work arrangements may be considered for the successful candidate.
In return for your commitment, they offer very competitive salary and exceptional training and career development opportunities. Subsidized accommodation is available with this role.
If you would like the opportunity to join Anglo American where there purpose is ‘Re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives’ please apply now. www.angloamerican.com.au
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal Business does not accept applications from Recruitment Agencies
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Longwall Coal Mining Superintendent Grosvenor Mine QLD