If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Long Term Coal Mining Maintenance Planner in QLD
Long Term Coal Mining Maintenance Planner Coppabella mine QLD
- 9 Day fortnight
- Diverse role in a fast paced environment
- Grow your career with Peabody
Peabody is the world’s largest private-sector coal company. They are a leading voice in advocating for sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal technologies. Peabody has 23 operations across the United States and Australia, and has 6,700 employees globally, servicing metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries, on five continents. They offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognize and develop our employees.
Long Term Coal Mining Maintenance Planner Coppabella mine QLD
They are currently seeking an experience Long Term Maintenance Planner to join Coppabella mine site. Their Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of two open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometers southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverized coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Reporting to the Maintenance Planning Superintendent, you will be the principle contact and liaison between the maintenance department and operation planning department. With your planning expertise you will be working closely with the maintenance team to maximize performance and reliability of equipment across the Coppabella Moorvale mine complex.
Duties will include:
- Plan and coordinate the long term planning process within the work management system of fleet maintenance by developing work scopes; plan work orders including consideration for resources, quality, parts, equipment, schedules and costs; identify and secures all parts and material required to complete the work; determine and identify any vendor delivered service for the work order; provide a total cost estimate for the work to be performed: labour, material, and outside services.
- Work closely with the Reliability Engineer to ensure maintenance strategies are in place for all equipment and are updated to reflect equipment performance and improvement opportunities.
- Assist the planning team in developing maintenance task lists in SAP for routine tasks.
- Communicate with site planning teams to ensure all shutdowns are integrated with short term plans and where appropriate handed over to site maintenance teams for execution.
- Manage offsite overhauls of components associated with field equipment to ensure they are completed on time and on budget.
- Hold regular meetings with Suppliers to ensure they are aware of our component forecasts and requirements and tracking of delivery dates.
- Develop and implement a process to carry out component life cycle analysis (CLCA) which identifies what items need to be catalogued and stocked based on component change out forecasts.
- Transform the maintenance strategy into clear and effective plans and activities, schedule them through to execution, and control the results by developing the most appropriate corrective management action plans.
- Develop and implement a repair-before-failure planning philosophy and process that supports the goal of achieving a high percentage of planned and scheduled repairs.
- Ensure all SAP data is kept up to date and feeds directly into the sites budgeting and forecasting process.
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday roster with 1 rostered Friday off per fortnight and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
- Relevant Trade qualification Or Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years planning, operations / maintenance experience
- Strong knowledge of maintenance planning and scheduling principles and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key components of this role as you will work closely with maintenance and production teams
- Proficient in Excel, Word, email, Microsoft Project, SAP and specific maintenance scheduling programs highly desirable
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (SAP experience is highly desirable).
- Parts and equipment sourcing techniques with equipment OEM’s and after-market suppliers
- Knowledge of Leibherr , Hitachi, Komatsu and Caterpillar equipment is required
- Knowledge of conducting safety inspections and completing JSEA’s, Risk assessments
- Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Peabody prides itself on being a values driven company. They strive, through people, to achieve there mission and live values of Safety, Customer Focus, Leadership, People, Excellence, Integrity and Sustainability. They take responsibility to for the environment, benefit their communities and restore the land for generations that follow.
How to apply for this job
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-or click apply now.
Please apply directly as submissions from recruitment agencies will not be considered without prior approval. All applications will be treated as highly confidential and will not be disclosed beyond HR and the hiring manager.Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Long Term Coal Mining Maintenance Planner Coppabella Mine