LIGHT VEHICLE FITTER – Underground Mining
Barminco is an international leader in mechanized hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Australia, Africa, Egypt and India.
Established in Western Australia in 1989, they have spent over 25 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. They are driven by the continued success at operations and exceeding client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of there workforce is the key to success, and they are looking for talented people to join their business. They seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to company values and dedicated to helping clients.
In return, they provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. They look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
Barminco Ltd is currently seeking suitably experienced LV Mechanics for position at Dugald River Mine Site based in Regional Queensland on a family friendly 2/2 roster.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake preventative, scheduled maintenance and repairs / improvements to all Light, medium mobile equipment and various mobile units
- Unscheduled breakdown repairs, light equipment recovery
- Ensure a safe workplace through daily inspections for hazards
- Diagnose faults and recommend repairs / improvements
- Perform maintenance according company standards and work instructions
- Maintain critical maintenance data on a daily basis
- Be proactive in all preventative maintenance procedures to ensure quality repairs are maintained.
- Mechanical or LV Fitting trade certificate
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum C Class Australian Drivers License
- Ability to obtain a national police clearance
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Ability to pass a full pre-employment medical and random drug/alcohol testing when required
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision
- The ability to diagnose and fault find low voltage electrics
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment
- Previous experience working within the mining industry
- Commitment to safety.
Your proactive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee, who aligns with Barminco’s values and can do’ attitude. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, opportunities for career progression and development and the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work / life balance.
If you are successful, as part of the on-boarding process, you will be required to undertake a full pre-employment medical, and drug and alcohol screening. Site specific clearances will also be required, which includes a National Police Clearance Certificate.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to Barminco’s Operations Team, they welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Would you like to apply for this job?
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Light Vehicle Fitter Mine Site Underground Mining Queensland