Fixed Plant Mechanical Fitter – Leading Hand
Allied Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced, hands on Leading Hand Mechanical Fitter for a workshop based role in the Forrestfield area.
The successful applicant will be required to efficiently supervise a team to ensure work is completed as per work schedules. They will be committed to Quality and WHSE policies and procedures and be critical ensure the workshop operating successfully and safely.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Immediate Start available for the right person
- Excellent Company
- Rebuilds, refurbishment, diagnostics and repairs of fixed plant equipment
- Providing effective supervision and leadership to a team within a workshop environment
- Contributing to the management of Computer Maintenance Systems
- Metro Work
- Australian recognized trade qualification with a minimum of 5 years post trade experience
- Minimum 2 years hands on Leading Hand experience within a workshop environment
- Able to effectively manage a team, delegate tasks and ensure the completion of demanding work schedules
- Demonstrate experience with the repair and refurbishment of screens, crushers and other fixed plant equipment within mining & recycling industries
- Able to manage time, documentation and accurate record keeping
- Current Drivers Licence
- Ability to interpret plans & drawings
- Proven computer literacy
- Excellent communication & customer relation skills
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Physically fit and capable
- Be highly reliable with a demonstrated stable work history
To be successful, your resume must contain:
- Your full residential address
- Contact email address and mobile number
- A current resume, with details of your employment within the last 12 months minimum
- Whilst not essential, your application will be favoured if you can include copies of any qualifications or licences you may hold, such as a drivers licence, high risk work licence, white card or trade certificate.
- Leading Hand Fixed Plant Mechanical Fitting: 5 years
Please Note: This job for Fixed Plant Mechanical Fitter will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to apply
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please APPLY NOW by link below
Click Apply for Fixed Plant Mechanical Fitter – Forrestfield WA
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.