See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Leading Hand Diesel Fitter
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees they build strong relationships of trust with customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is currently seeking an experienced Leading Hand Diesel Fitter to join there Maintenance Services Contract at Poitrel in the Bowen Basin.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as well as coordinating the crew in liaison with the Supervisor, to achieve the daily schedule of works.
- Relevant diesel fitter / heavy vehicle trade qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience in a similar role
- Hold a current Mining Supervisor (S1,S2,S3) certificate
- Post-trade experience within an open cut mining operation
- Proven experience with Caterpillar 6060 / O&K 340B Excavators and Caterpillar 793 Haul Trucks
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
IN RETURN THEY OFFER
- Even time 7/7 Roster, supporting work/life balance
- Camp accommodation
- Bus transport provided from Mackay
- Career progression opportunities through a number of training and mentoring programs
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Cassandra Mayer on 07 3026 6417. Downer Mining does not accept unsolicited resumes from Recruitment Agencies and is not responsible for any associated fees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingClick Apply for Leading Hand Diesel Fitter mining job Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.