See more jobs in the Latest Mining Jobs in Australia category.
Lake Vermont Mining Supervisor Jobs
About this supervisor mining job:
As their next Mining Supervisor reporting to the Mining Superintendent, you will work collaboratively towards delivering best practice and high-quality production solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Supervise a large mining crew to safely and effective deliver production results
- Co-ordination of dispatch personnel and crew allocations
- Actively seeking continuous improvement
- Understanding of and effective execution of modular mining processes
- Effective inspection and reporting processes
- Appropriate training practices for mining crews
Roster and location for this mining role:
- 7 days on 7 days off rotational day / night shift roster with full camp facilities provided
- The Lake Vermont Project is situated outside of Dysart, in Central Queensland. This project is one of Thiess’ largest and longest running projects.
Requirements for Lake Vermont Mining Supervisor Jobs:
- Open-cut coal mining experience in a similar role
- Qualifications that support your success within the coal mining industry
- Proven leadership experience
- Excellent communication, approachability and motivational qualities
- Strong attention to detail
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Induction, S123 Qualifications & G2 Qualifications
About the company:
They partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, they’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities they live and work in.
They recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. They’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Apply Here for Lake Vermont Mining Supervisor Jobs
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.