Labourers / Leasehands – Entry Level FIFO
Link Resources has multiple opportunities for you to join some of Australia’s growing Drilling & Well Servicing companies. They have numerous clients seeking Entry Level Leasehands.
What the role entails:
- Leasehand is the entry level position on the Well Servicing and Drilling Lease(s)
- Intensive heavy manual labour working 12 hours per day for 14 days or more
- Day to day tasks include the prep & painting, maintenance of rig equipment & tubulars, ensuring areas are maintained in a clean, tidy & safe condition, assisting with the movement of equipment, assisting with rig moves (inc rigging up and rigging down) and other tasks on the drill floor as directed
- Able to live and work in harsh, remote conditions (live in onsite camp)
The logistical details:
- Full time and long-term casual positions available
- Very attractive salary between $65,000 and $85,000 a year (depending on roster)
- Various rosters available (including 2 weeks on : 2 weeks off, 3 weeks on : 3 weeks off or 2 weeks on 1 week off)
- Depending on the employers we have positions with Point of hire of Caboolture, Brisbane, Toowoomba or Roma
- All travel, accommodation and meals provided
- Ongoing training opportunities and requirements
What would make you a suitable candidate for these positions:
- Open drivers license – Manual (Car or Higher)
- Experience in intensive labour positions
- High level of physical fitness
- Reliable, hardworking and able to work in a team
- Mechanical aptitude
- Hold or be willing to gain working at heights, confined space, breathing apparatus, gas test, 4wd, first aid
- Able and willing to participate in on-going Vocational Education & Training
- FIFO or DIDO experience is highly regarded
Other positions they are Recruiting:
- Rig Managers
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Labourers Drilling Leasehands Maintenance FIFO Sunshine Coast
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.