See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Jumbo Operator Brisbane QLD
Redpath are seeking experienced Jumbo Operator for long term development project at the Cannington Mine.
- Attractive hourly rate
- FIFO from Townsville or Cairns
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilizing modern technology.
About the role
Redpath are Seeking highly motivated and experienced Jumbo Operator based at the Cannington Project in North-west Queensland. The position will be FIFO from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns. working 14/7 roster.
The Jumbo Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the Jumbo, monitoring to ensure the safety of the workers in the face area ensuring that the face remains on design path and report all issues requiring attention or rectification as soon as possible.
Key of Duties
- Bolt and bore excavation pattern
- Identify and remedy misfires
- Read and follow plans and instructions
- Interpret ground conditions and install additional support as required
- Assist and providing instruction to other crew members – particularly the offsiders on carrying out the drill and blast operation.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated extensive experience with operating Jumbo and associated underground equipment (Sandvik or Tamrock)
- Current working at heights ticket
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A safety approach supporting the client’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always.
An attractive hourly rate is offer for the successful candidate along with the opportunity to sink your teeth into a challenging role where your get hands on experience and expertise are put to use daily.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 0611-2454-JUM.
Apply for Experienced Jumbo Operator Cannington Mine Brisbane QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.