See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Fitters Pilbara
This role is eligible for the MRL employee referral program
Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leading Australian based mining services and processing company, with decades of experience in the mining services sector. Innovation is at the core of MRL’s culture which has helped the Company grow the business whilst using there own Iron Ore and Lithium mine sites to prove up for research and development.
To support this culture, Mineral Resources are searching for experienced and innovative Heavy Duty Fitters to join the team on a full time permanent basis and make a difference. They are searching for self-starters who can take ownership and bring new ideas to the team!
- Regular preventative maintenance on heavy mobile plant
- Major component scheduled change outs
- Diagnostics, fault finding and troubleshooting
- Hitachi EX2600-6 & EX1900-6
- Komatsu PC1205SP-8, HD785-7,HD1500-8, WA500-6,WA600-6, D375A-6, D155A-5 & GD655-5
- CAT 777G, 785D, D10T, D9T, 988H, 988K, 982M & 992K, 16M
- Various ancillary equipment including Gen-Sets, Lighting Towers, EWP and LV’s
- Australian Trade Certificate – Heavy Mobile Plant
- Current Driver’s license (HR/HC is desirable)
- Experience working with Mining and Earthmoving equipment
- Ability to work in, and maintain, a zero harm culture and work safely at all times
They are offering:
- Career progression for motivated and innovative individuals
- The opportunity to obtain additional high risk licenses E.g. EWP, CN, DG, RB
- 2:1 family friendly roster
- Food and camp – first class amenities owned and run by us
- Long term stability – we want to invest in you!
To apply for this position
If you feel that you have a can do attitude and are ready to jump on, please click on APPLY below.
Click Apply for Innovative Heavy Duty Fitters Pilbara Mine
iMINCO Tip: Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.