See more jobs in the Latest News category.
This is good news for Australian mining companies, especially Rio Tinto, BHP & Fortescue Metals and paves the way for more Pilbara mining jobs and iron ore output.
Bloomberg reports that demand in China, the world`s largest user of iron ore, copper and tin, will rebound through the end of 2013 as infrastructure projects gather pace and users restock.
Data shows China’s estimated steel production and manufacturing figures were all exceeded, and the price of iron ore is also rising, pointing to a strengthening economy after a half year of lackluster performance.
There should be greater demand from China and better prices, resulting in more output and more mining jobs for Australian workers.
Here’s a checklist to use before applying for WA mining jobs in Pilbara
- The biggest tip we can give you is do your research on Pilbara Mining Jobs WA first! You have to understand what other mining projects Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas are involved in. Uncovering information such as what they do, what they`re mining, where their mining operations are and where their future growth is will give you an edge. Take this new knowledge and add little snippets of it to your job application cover letter. This will show the recruitment manager that you have taken the time to conduct your own research and are keen to learn more about the company. When you are selected for an interview, you will be asked questions about why you want to work at Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas. This is where your previous research and knowledge will come in very handy.
- Make sure your resume is up-to-date and focused on mining. Where appropriate, mention the term ‘iron ore’ in there if it applies to your experience.
- Here are some resume tips to help you with your Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas mining jobs applications.
- Do you want to know how to impress big mining companies like Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas? Read our tips on “how to get that mining job“.
- Mining work can be physical – Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas expect you to physically fit and ready to start work. If you apply for jobs in some mining areas, you may need to complete a medical examination, or a drug and alcohol test.
- Think about what other machinery skills training, mining, management and WHS safety courses you can do to increase your career opportunities with mining companies.
- We’ve written a few articles on how to get into mining with no experience. Read these articles, they’re full of good information on how to break into the mining industry.
- Increase your overall mining knowledge with iMINCO Project News. This is a FREE email newsletter delivered to your email inbox and is full of mining and resource sector information on jobs, new resource sector projects and recommended training courses.
Related articles by keywords
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver