If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Latest News category.
This is good news for Australian mining companies, especially Rio Tinto, BHP & Fortescue Metals and paves the way for more Pilbara mining jobs and iron ore output.
Bloomberg reports that demand in China, the world`s largest user of iron ore, copper and tin, will rebound through the end of 2013 as infrastructure projects gather pace and users restock.
Data shows China’s estimated steel production and manufacturing figures were all exceeded, and the price of iron ore is also rising, pointing to a strengthening economy after a half year of lackluster performance.
There should be greater demand from China and better prices, resulting in more output and more mining jobs for Australian workers.
Here’s a checklist to use before applying for WA mining jobs in Pilbara
- The biggest tip we can give you is do your research on Pilbara Mining Jobs WA first! You have to understand what other mining projects Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas are involved in. Uncovering information such as what they do, what they`re mining, where their mining operations are and where their future growth is will give you an edge. Take this new knowledge and add little snippets of it to your job application cover letter. This will show the recruitment manager that you have taken the time to conduct your own research and are keen to learn more about the company. When you are selected for an interview, you will be asked questions about why you want to work at Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas. This is where your previous research and knowledge will come in very handy.
- Make sure your resume is up-to-date and focused on mining. Where appropriate, mention the term ‘iron ore’ in there if it applies to your experience.
- Here are some resume tips to help you with your Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas mining jobs applications.
- Do you want to know how to impress big mining companies like Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas? Read our tips on “how to get that mining job“.
- Mining work can be physical – Fortescue, Rio Tinto, BHP, Gina Rinehart’s Roy Hill and Atlas expect you to physically fit and ready to start work. If you apply for jobs in some mining areas, you may need to complete a medical examination, or a drug and alcohol test.
- Think about what other machinery skills training, mining, management and WHS safety courses you can do to increase your career opportunities with mining companies.
- We’ve written a few articles on how to get into mining with no experience. Read these articles, they’re full of good information on how to break into the mining industry.
- Increase your overall mining knowledge with iMINCO Project News. This is a FREE email newsletter delivered to your email inbox and is full of mining and resource sector information on jobs, new resource sector projects and recommended training courses.
Related articles by keywords
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player