This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Peak Downs – HV Electrician Bowen Basin
HV Electrician Peak Downs Bowen Basin Mining QLD
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees they build strong relationships of trust with there customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
They are currently seeking an experienced HV Electrician at Peak Downs project based in the Bowen Basin.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for carrying out servicing and repairs on the fleet of Liebherr T282 electric drive trucks. You will also be required to assist Fitters with auto electrical work and general maintenance on the truck fleet as required.
Successful candidates must have the following
- Electrical trade qualifications & QLD electrical license
- HV Switching ticket is essential
- Experience in servicing electric drive trucks, specifically Liebherr T282 preferable
- Excellent diagnostic skills and fault finding knowledge
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure.
What they can offer
- 7/7 roster, Camp Accommodation, BIBO from Mackay
- Competitive remuneration with a leading mining contractor
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- A diverse and supportive work environment.
For further information, please contact Megan Tucker at Megan.Tucker@downergroup.com. Email applications will not be accepted.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to apply
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.
Click Apply for HV Electrician Peak Downs Bowen Basin Mining QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list