See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Human Resources Advisor
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees they build strong relationships of trust with customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
An exceptional opportunity is available for a Human Resources Advisor to join their team in the Bowen Basin. This critical position plays an active role in partnering with site based leadership teams and is integral to the success of their projects
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager and working closely with employees and stakeholders,
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing guidance and support to line leaders
- Coaching, supporting and developing line managers to effectively manage employee performance and associated outcomes
- Supporting the resolution of employee complaints and grievances
- Leading the implementation of HR initiatives and projects at a site level
- Collecting and analyzing metrics to develop solutions
- You will be a Human Resources professional who thrives in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Experience providing practical HR support
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A strong customer experience focus with the proven ability to collaborate, influence and foster teamwork.
What they can offer
- Option of residential or DIDO with camp accommodation
- A challenging and varied role within a hands-on environment where your input and pro-activity are valued
- An attractive remuneration package based on experience
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company and be part of the success story.
If you would like further information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Belinda Black via email Belinda.Black@downergroup.com
To apply for this position
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please click APPLY NOW by the button below
Click Apply for Human Resources Advisor Mine site Bowen Basin
NOTE: When you apply for this job Human Resources Advisor, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list