See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Highwall Mechanical Supervisor Jobs
The positions have a 7 on / 7 off rotation day shift roster and are based on site at Millennium Mine with accommodation provided.
Essential criteria :
- Mechanical background working with industrial equipment
- Safety conscious, self starter, motivated and tenacious
- Receptive to input, open minded, searching to learn
- Continuously improving, systematic and structured
- Problem solving, fault finding and analytical ability
- Strategic thinking, makes choices with the bigger picture in mind
- Able to communicate well at all levels verbally and in writing
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Scheduling, CMMS etc.)
- Works well with people, able to lead and able to work autonomously
Desired Criteria :
- Mechanical engineering qualification
- Experience with:
- surface and / or underground mining
- continuous miners, materials handling and hydraulics
- engineering design / specification / procurement / planning
- tasks analysis and work instructions
- Hydraulic understanding and/or qualifications
- Requirements for working in QLD coal mines:
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training;
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical;
- Supervisor appointment and associated qualifications (S1, S2, S3, S11 and G2)
- Electrical understanding and/or qualifications
- Hazardous Area understanding and/or qualifications
About ADDCAR :
The ADDCAR Group is an international highwall mining (HWM) specialist based in Australia and Ashland Kentucky, USA with over 25 years experience operating HWM systems in the coalfields of Australia, USA, South Africa and India.
ADDCAR specialise in providing a wide range of services in Australia, making them a national leader in the provision of contract services to the mining industry. ADDCAR provide flexible, specialised support to some of Australia’s largest mining companies and has built an industry-wide reputation for developing cost effective and reliable relationships with its clients.