Highwall Mechanical Supervisor Jobs
The positions have a 7 on / 7 off rotation day shift roster and are based on site at Millennium Mine with accommodation provided.
Essential criteria :
- Mechanical background working with industrial equipment
- Safety conscious, self starter, motivated and tenacious
- Receptive to input, open minded, looking to learn
- Continuously improving, systematic and structured
- Problem solving, fault finding and analytical ability
- Strategic thinking, makes choices with the bigger picture in mind
- Able to communicate well at all levels verbally and in writing
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Scheduling, CMMS etc.)
- Works well with people, able to lead and able to work autonomously
Desired Criteria :
- Mechanical engineering qualification
- Experience with:
- surface and / or underground mining
- continuous miners, materials handling and hydraulics
- engineering design / specification / procurement / planning
- tasks analysis and work instructions
- Hydraulic understanding and/or qualifications
- Requirements for working in QLD coal mines:
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*;
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical;
- Supervisor appointment and associated qualifications (S1, S2, S3, S11 and G2)
- Electrical understanding and/or qualifications
- Hazardous Area understanding and/or qualifications
About ADDCAR :
The ADDCAR Group is an international highwall mining (HWM) specialist based in Australia and Ashland Kentucky, USA with over 25 years experience operating HWM systems in the coalfields of Australia, USA, South Africa and India.
ADDCAR specialise in providing a wide range of services in Australia, making them a national leader in the provision of contract services to the mining industry. ADDCAR provide flexible, specialised support to some of Australia’s largest mining companies and has built an industry-wide reputation for developing cost effective and reliable relationships with its clients.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.