Highwall Mechanical Supervisor Jobs
The positions have a 7 on / 7 off rotation day shift roster and are based on site at Millennium Mine with accommodation provided.
Essential criteria :
- Mechanical background working with industrial equipment
- Safety conscious, self starter, motivated and tenacious
- Receptive to input, open minded, looking to learn
- Continuously improving, systematic and structured
- Problem solving, fault finding and analytical ability
- Strategic thinking, makes choices with the bigger picture in mind
- Able to communicate well at all levels verbally and in writing
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Scheduling, CMMS etc.)
- Works well with people, able to lead and able to work autonomously
Desired Criteria :
- Mechanical engineering qualification
- Experience with:
- surface and / or underground mining
- continuous miners, materials handling and hydraulics
- engineering design / specification / procurement / planning
- tasks analysis and work instructions
- Hydraulic understanding and/or qualifications
- Requirements for working in QLD coal mines:
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*;
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical;
- Supervisor appointment and associated qualifications (S1, S2, S3, S11 and G2)
- Electrical understanding and/or qualifications
- Hazardous Area understanding and/or qualifications
About ADDCAR :
The ADDCAR Group is an international highwall mining (HWM) specialist based in Australia and Ashland Kentucky, USA with over 25 years experience operating HWM systems in the coalfields of Australia, USA, South Africa and India.
ADDCAR specialise in providing a wide range of services in Australia, making them a national leader in the provision of contract services to the mining industry. ADDCAR provide flexible, specialised support to some of Australia’s largest mining companies and has built an industry-wide reputation for developing cost effective and reliable relationships with its clients.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.