If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
High Voltage Mining Truck Electrician
High Voltage Mining Truck Electrician Bowen Basin QLD
Haulpak Electrical Specializing in High Voltage Electric Drive Trucks, Servicing Leading OEM’s, Mining Clients and their Contractors in open-cut mine operations throughout the Bowen Basin.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be a part of a mine maintenance team working to the sites roster carrying out High Voltage Electrical and Automotive Electrical work on the sites mobile mining equipment and infrastructure as required in an open pit mining environment and site workshop.
You will Need to be able to Demonstrate
- Breakdown, Troubleshooting, and Fault Finding Experience
- Back ground working with High Voltage Electric Drive Trucks
- Automotive Electrical & Air-conditioning
- Computer Skills
Skills and experience
- QLD Electrical License
- Driver’s License Open C
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- High Voltage Switching
- Cert II or III Air-conditioning
Experience with (Mining)
- Electrical Drive Trucks
- Mechanical Drive Trucks
- Hydraulic Excavators
- General Mining Mobile and Support Equipment
The following would be Highly Regarded
- Automotive Electrical Training
- E.W.P. High Risk License
- Working at Heights
- Industrial Electronics
Job benefits and perks
- Travel to site provided from Townsville
- DIDO or BIBO (Townsville)
- Easy Access from Townsville or Mackay regions
- Camp Accommodation and Meals
- Located with in Town-site
- Site Vehicle
Would you like to apply for this job?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for High Voltage Mining Truck Electrician Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list