High Voltage (HV) Electricians – Saraji Mine
HSE are seeking to appoint experienced High Voltage Electricians to play a key role in maintaining the site’s mobile equipment fleet through preventative maintenance, breakdown repair and schedule component replacement. These roles are permanent HSE Mining positions operating on a 12.5hr, 7/7 roster based at Saraji Mine.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety, environmental standards and compliance
- Ensure all maintenance work undertaken is in accordance with site Safety Management Systems
- Carrying out planned and breakdown maintenance to mobile equipment fleet
- Working effectively to maintenance schedules
- Identify possible opportunities that will improve the maintenance function and report on progress to the supervisor
- Prioritizing work and liaising closely with Supervisor
- Opportunity to work on new modern heavy mobile mining equipment
- Current A Grade Electrical License
- Current High Voltage Switching Stage 1 & 2 Electrical License
- Demonstrated post trade experience on Electric Drive Trucks – Liebherr, Komatsu, Hitachi and CAT
- Strong commitment to safety performance and basic computer literacy
- It is essential that you have a current Qld Coal Board Medical, Generic Surface Induction and a current open Drivers License
- Working at Heights, Forklift Operation, Confined Spaces and EWP tickets are desirable
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Commitment to the Values and Code of Conduct of HSE Mining
- Work with a company who is dedicated to the safety of its employees
- Salary Sacrifice flights
- Bus In Bus Out from Rockhampton and Mackay
- Camp accommodation with meals provided
To express interest in this role, please apply via SEEK or email your resume to HSEjobs@hsemining.com.au Applications from Recruitment Agencies or third parties will not be considered.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please click the ‘Apply Now’ link to submit your application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for High Voltage Electricians Maintenance Saraji Mine Coalfields
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.