HEQ Fitter Mobile Mining Maintenance – Amrun Operations
- Excellent career development opportunity within a global company
- Work latest technology and equipment in HEQ fleet management
- Enjoy a relaxed coastal lifestyle in an ideal residential (No FIFO) environment – Weipa
They are looking for a HEQ Fitter to maintain the site’s mining fleet through planned maintenance, breakdown/ field repairs, replacement of engines transmissions and all major components.
Amrun is located 40km south of the Embley River, between Weipa and Aurukun. At Amrun, you can experience a hybrid lifestyle enjoying the new camp and facilities during shift and relaxing with friends and family in Weipa on your days off. Relocation and a generous accommodation allowance is provided for this role.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong work ethic, commitment to learning and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Working at 4,5,5 straight shift roster and reporting to the Crew Leader, you will be:
- Fixing mobile ancillary equipment, workshop tooling, fluid delivery systems, and various workshop tasks
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability as well as availability
- Working on heavy equipment and supporting maintenance of trucks, 776, 777, 785, 992G, 993K loaders and D11 T dozers
- Fostering a culture of zero harm and continuous improvement.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A relevant HME Diesel Fitter qualification
- A manual C class drivers license
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- A strong commitment to safety and zero harm culture
- The ability to be flexible within the role and adapt to a changing environment.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Dogger / Rigger / Forklift license & HR License
- Knowledge of SAP
- Post trade experience in a mining or heavy industrial environment preferred
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape.
Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, camping and exploring.
Construction of the Amrun project, located 40 kilometers south west of Weipa, is currently underway to expand our bauxite operations and continue production from one of the world’s premier bauxite deposits. This expansion will strengthen the economy and provide exciting opportunities for the people of Cape York and Queensland for future generations.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Their long history is filled with firsts. They have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and there people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: materials make up the world. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for HEQ Fitter Mobile Mining Maintenance Weipa QLD