If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Plant Apprenticeships
- Want to earn while you learn?
- Want to gain a nationally recognized qualification?
- Goulburn location
HVTC Southern Tablelands in conjunction with a highly reputable host company in Goulburn are inviting applicants to apply for the positions of Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprenticeship and Mobile Plant Apprenticeship.
About the Company
HVTC Southern Tablelands is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees in the local region. They are well equipped to support the regions diverse range of industry. As a division of HVTC, Australia’s oldest and largest group training company, they have employed and trained more than 18,000 people over the past 30 years. HVTC Southern Tablelands provides mentoring and support and are seeking committed applicants who possess an enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills.
About the Role
This opportunity is available to those who are willing to learn new skills and want to cement a pathway into a career.
Apprentice Mechanics assist tradesman in the repair and maintenance vehicles, plant and machinery in accordance with manufactures specifications. Apprentice Selection Criteria
- Higher school certificate or equivalent
- Demonstrated aptitude in working in the mechanical trade
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Class C drivers license
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities under the WHS Act 2012
- White card
- Previous work related experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Undertake TAFE studies and complete at a satisfactory level, within a timely manner
- Properly maintain material tools and equipment
- Assist in the maintenance of plant/equipment/vehicles both scheduled and unscheduled in accordance with manufactures specifications
- Assist in cleaning and keeping the workshops and surrounds tidy
- Assist with maintaining daily records of plant, labour and materials used
- Read / understand and use workshop SOPs
- Assist in complying with the WHS Act 2013
- Other duties that are in within the limits of the employees skills, competence and training
They are unable to consider your application if it is not received in this way. All applications must be completed using a unique, individual email address. Applications using a shared or family email address unfortunately cannot be accepted.
Interested applicants MUST attached a copy of their current resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria for your application to be further considered.
The process will include several stages including; responding to email requests to undertake online testing, interviews, reference checking and pre-employment medicals. Timely response to emails and phone calls will enable to move through the process in a timely manner. Applicants should regularly check the nominated email account and respond to missed phone calls and voicemail messages.
How to Apply
If you are viewing this vacancy on seek.com.au, to be considered for this opportunity, YOU MUST apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking ‘Jobs‘ and selecting the relevant position.
Click Apply for Heavy Vehicle Mobile Plant Apprenticeships New South Wales