If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic FIFO Brisbane
Mitchell Services is a leading provider of drilling services to the global exploration, mining and energy industries. They also deliver support to a number of key, long term clients within Australia, and everything they do is aimed at providing a quality product to there projects.
The position is based out of Dysart Maintenance Hub, and therefore they preferred candidate will be drive in – drive out of Mackay (or surrounding areas) or FIFO Brisbane for the right candidate.
This mechanics position will be utilized for repairs servicing and COI inspections across there modern truck fleet in the Coal/Energy sector, thus freeing up to specialized rig fitters to concentrate on the growing number of rigs and associate equipment repairs and maintenance moving forward.
To be considered for a role in close and supportive team, you MUST have the following skills;
- Be a Trade Qualified Heavy Vehicle (Truck) Mechanic
- Have a HR license or greater
- Be able to service our fleet of late model 8×8 Actros and MAN 8×8 TGS trucks and Toyota LV’s
- Have experience in computer diagnostics
- Have Auto electrical knowledge.
- Be a motivated person that lives and breathes trucks
Applicants who do not have this skill set may not be able to meet the requirements of the role.
Your Duties will include the following;
- Truck, trailer, LV repairs, servicing and COI preparation and defect clearance repairs
- Diagnose and repair fault codes, air brake systems, electrical systems, fuel systems
- Carry out repairs, maintenance of all trucks across our sites to keep our fleet in top running condition
- Converse with suppliers on parts required for repairs.
- 5/2 Drive in drive out from an area local to Dysart (Emerald, Mackay, Moranbah etc.) or FIFO Brisbane for the right candidate
- Must have your own hand tools – a Ute and accommodation will be supplied
- Be willing to be inducted across several mine sites
All applicants progressing to the next stage will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical / drug & alcohol screening.
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button
Click Apply for Heavy Vehicle Mechanic DIDO Mackay – FIFO Brisbane