Heavy Vehicle Mechanic FIFO Brisbane
Mitchell Services is a leading provider of drilling services to the global exploration, mining and energy industries. They also deliver support to a number of key, long term clients within Australia, and everything they do is aimed at providing a quality product to there projects.
The position is based out of Dysart Maintenance Hub, and therefore they preferred candidate will be drive in – drive out of Mackay (or surrounding areas) or FIFO Brisbane for the right candidate.
This mechanics position will be utilized for repairs servicing and COI inspections across there modern truck fleet in the Coal/Energy sector, thus freeing up to specialized rig fitters to concentrate on the growing number of rigs and associate equipment repairs and maintenance moving forward.
To be considered for a role in close and supportive team, you MUST have the following skills;
- Be a Trade Qualified Heavy Vehicle (Truck) Mechanic
- Have a HR license or greater
- Be able to service our fleet of late model 8×8 Actros and MAN 8×8 TGS trucks and Toyota LV’s
- Have experience in computer diagnostics
- Have Auto electrical knowledge.
- Be a motivated person that lives and breathes trucks
Applicants who do not have this skill set may not be able to meet the requirements of the role.
Your Duties will include the following;
- Truck, trailer, LV repairs, servicing and COI preparation and defect clearance repairs
- Diagnose and repair fault codes, air brake systems, electrical systems, fuel systems
- Carry out repairs, maintenance of all trucks across our sites to keep our fleet in top running condition
- Converse with suppliers on parts required for repairs.
- 5/2 Drive in drive out from an area local to Dysart (Emerald, Mackay, Moranbah etc.) or FIFO Brisbane for the right candidate
- Must have your own hand tools – a Ute and accommodation will be supplied
- Be willing to be inducted across several mine sites
All applicants progressing to the next stage will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical / drug & alcohol screening.
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button
Click Apply for Heavy Vehicle Mechanic DIDO Mackay – FIFO Brisbane
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.