Heavy Plant Mechanic / Diesel Fitter Jobs
Heavy Plant Mechanic Diesel Fitter Coal Operations Hunter Valley
Titan Technicians is a part of the Titan Group based in Thornton NSW. Titan Technicians specialize in both on and off site maintenance services on mining and construction heavy machinery and equipment in the Hunter Valley Region.
About the Role
Titan Technicians are seeking trade qualified Heavy Plant Mechanics for ongoing commitments to coal operations in the Hunter Valley.
They are offering Permanent and Casual Full Time Positions which work on a multiple of rosters and sites including:
- 4 Panel Roster (12-12.5 Hour Shifts)
- Lifestyle Roster(12.5 Hour Shifts)
Titan Technicians have recently given all trades-person employees a pay rise which is above award wage with plenty of overtime available.
$60 Overtime Rate for any overtime hours completed!
Due to the requirements of our clients, open cut mining experience is highly desirable, however other similar maintenance experience will be considered.
- Scheduled maintenance to heavy machinery (Excavators, Dump Trucks, Bulldozers etc.)
- Field maintenance to heavy machinery (Excavators, Dump Trucks, Bulldozers etc.)
- Urgent breakdowns
- Engine rebuilds, component repairs, minor and major maintenance
- Maintain a safe work practice
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- Trade qualification (Mechanic or Diesel Fitter)/Certificate of Proficiency
- Driver’s License
- Right to Work in Australia
- Open Cut Mobile Plant Maintenance Experience
- Own reliable transport (some positions have a company vehicle available)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Current Working at Heights Certificate
- Current Confined Space Certificate
- Current MDG25 Certificate
- Current or willing to obtain Order 41 Medical
If you don’t have any of the desirable skills, Titan Technicians will pay for this training for you to obtain.
- Permanent or Casual full time ongoing work
- Above award wages and overtime
- Supportive management team
- Employee Benefits Scheme which includes discounts on: private health, gym, meal prep/full meals, tax returns, mechanical services, gym supplements, hair & beauty services, massage services, car leasing and EAP.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Heavy Plant Mechanic Diesel Fitter Coal Operations Hunter Valley
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.