You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Plant Mechanic / Diesel Fitter Jobs
Heavy Plant Mechanic Diesel Fitter Coal Operations Hunter Valley
Titan Technicians is a part of the Titan Group based in Thornton NSW. Titan Technicians specialize in both on and off site maintenance services on mining and construction heavy machinery and equipment in the Hunter Valley Region.
About the Role
Titan Technicians are seeking trade qualified Heavy Plant Mechanics for ongoing commitments to coal operations in the Hunter Valley.
They are offering Permanent and Casual Full Time Positions which work on a multiple of rosters and sites including:
- 4 Panel Roster (12-12.5 Hour Shifts)
- Lifestyle Roster(12.5 Hour Shifts)
Titan Technicians have recently given all trades-person employees a pay rise which is above award wage with plenty of overtime available.
$60 Overtime Rate for any overtime hours completed!
Due to the requirements of our clients, open cut mining experience is highly desirable, however other similar maintenance experience will be considered.
- Scheduled maintenance to heavy machinery (Excavators, Dump Trucks, Bulldozers etc.)
- Field maintenance to heavy machinery (Excavators, Dump Trucks, Bulldozers etc.)
- Urgent breakdowns
- Engine rebuilds, component repairs, minor and major maintenance
- Maintain a safe work practice
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- Trade qualification (Mechanic or Diesel Fitter)/Certificate of Proficiency
- Driver’s License
- Right to Work in Australia
- Open Cut Mobile Plant Maintenance Experience
- Own reliable transport (some positions have a company vehicle available)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Current Working at Heights Certificate
- Current Confined Space Certificate
- Current MDG25 Certificate
- Current or willing to obtain Order 41 Medical
If you don’t have any of the desirable skills, Titan Technicians will pay for this training for you to obtain.
- Permanent or Casual full time ongoing work
- Above award wages and overtime
- Supportive management team
- Employee Benefits Scheme which includes discounts on: private health, gym, meal prep/full meals, tax returns, mechanical services, gym supplements, hair & beauty services, massage services, car leasing and EAP.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Plant Mechanic Diesel Fitter Coal Operations Hunter Valley
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player