See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Technician Heavy Mobile Mining
Heavy Mobile Technician Mining Quarry Maintenance Adelaide SA
- Centrally Located In Adelaide
- Day/Afternoon Shift With Attractive Hourly Rate
- Growing And Developing Business
Babcock International Group, the engineering services company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9 billion in 2016/17, they help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within their market sectors of Marine, Land and Aviation, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock employs over 725 staff and operates across aviation, marine, defense, mining and construction, cyber security and engineering consultancy.
Currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician (Heavy Mobile Equipment) undertake maintenance and repairs to a fleet of Quarry / Mining equipment including loaders, excavators, dump trucks, road transport trucks, trailers and ancillary assets to provide reliable equipment availability to our valued clients. The fleet comprises of predominantly Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo CE, Hitachi Construction and Mack Truck brands.
Reporting to the Contract Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician (Heavy Mobile Equipment) will perform maintenance and repair work at our workshop based in Dry Creek and on site at various locations within South Australia as required. This role will be required to work a rotating Day and Afternoon shift roster with the requirement for periodic Saturday shifts.
Key accountability will include:
- Comply with all necessary health, safety and environmental legislation, policies and procedures when performing maintenance and repairs in line with industry best practice and the original equipment manufacturers guidelines
- Providing technical and diagnostic assessments of equipment faults and using condition monitoring methods to prevent component failures
- Communicating with the Support team both verbally and in writing to ensure that all relevant information is captured in the Asset Management Information System and all documents and reports are completed accurately and in detail
- Contributing to our continuous improvement initiative by determining root cause analysis of all part or component failures and suggesting innovative solutions to help eliminate failure re-occurrences.
The successful candidate must have:
- Relevant recognized trade certificate; Experience working in a Heavy Mobile Equipment workshop and field service environment with extensive technical abilities and hands on mechanical and problem solving, analytical skills
- Understanding of condition monitoring principles
- Dogging certificate (desirable or willing to obtain within 3 months)
- Forklift license (desirable or willing to obtain within a 3 month period)
- HR license (desirable or willing to obtain within a 3 month period)
- Demonstrated experience working in a role with a customer focus
- The ability to work as part of a team with flexibility and a positive attitude
- Ability to complete documentation with a high attention to detail.
Babcock is committed to creating an organizational environment that proactively acquires and manages efficient and effective staff with the skills, capabilities and attitudes necessary to support the business in achieving its corporate goals. If you want to be part of an exciting new future with their Company, then please register your interest now.
All applications must include a cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the above capabilities plus an up-to-date CV outlining relevant qualifications, and work experience.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Mobile Technician Mining and Quarry Maintenance Adelaide SA
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player