See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Technician Heavy Mobile Mining
Heavy Mobile Technician Mining Quarry Maintenance Adelaide SA
- Centrally Located In Adelaide
- Day/Afternoon Shift With Attractive Hourly Rate
- Growing And Developing Business
Babcock International Group, the engineering services company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services for over a century. With revenue of around AU$9 billion in 2016/17, they help customers improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within their market sectors of Marine, Land and Aviation, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
In Australia and New Zealand, Babcock employs over 725 staff and operates across aviation, marine, defense, mining and construction, cyber security and engineering consultancy.
Currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician (Heavy Mobile Equipment) undertake maintenance and repairs to a fleet of Quarry / Mining equipment including loaders, excavators, dump trucks, road transport trucks, trailers and ancillary assets to provide reliable equipment availability to our valued clients. The fleet comprises of predominantly Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo CE, Hitachi Construction and Mack Truck brands.
Reporting to the Contract Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician (Heavy Mobile Equipment) will perform maintenance and repair work at our workshop based in Dry Creek and on site at various locations within South Australia as required. This role will be required to work a rotating Day and Afternoon shift roster with the requirement for periodic Saturday shifts.
Key accountability will include:
- Comply with all necessary health, safety and environmental legislation, policies and procedures when performing maintenance and repairs in line with industry best practice and the original equipment manufacturers guidelines
- Providing technical and diagnostic assessments of equipment faults and using condition monitoring methods to prevent component failures
- Communicating with the Support team both verbally and in writing to ensure that all relevant information is captured in the Asset Management Information System and all documents and reports are completed accurately and in detail
- Contributing to our continuous improvement initiative by determining root cause analysis of all part or component failures and suggesting innovative solutions to help eliminate failure re-occurrences.
The successful candidate must have:
- Relevant recognized trade certificate; Experience working in a Heavy Mobile Equipment workshop and field service environment with extensive technical abilities and hands on mechanical and problem solving, analytical skills
- Understanding of condition monitoring principles
- Dogging certificate (desirable or willing to obtain within 3 months)
- Forklift license (desirable or willing to obtain within a 3 month period)
- HR license (desirable or willing to obtain within a 3 month period)
- Demonstrated experience working in a role with a customer focus
- The ability to work as part of a team with flexibility and a positive attitude
- Ability to complete documentation with a high attention to detail.
Babcock is committed to creating an organizational environment that proactively acquires and manages efficient and effective staff with the skills, capabilities and attitudes necessary to support the business in achieving its corporate goals. If you want to be part of an exciting new future with their Company, then please register your interest now.
All applications must include a cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the above capabilities plus an up-to-date CV outlining relevant qualifications, and work experience.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Mobile Technician Mining and Quarry Maintenance Adelaide SA
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver