See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Engineering Tradesperson – Heavy Diesel Mechanical Fitters
First Grade partners with business and industry to deliver game-changing recruitment and workforce development solutions. They bring specialist sector and regional expertise to all of our relationships, working with clients across Australia to deliver exceptional results. From high demand labour hire to high level permanent placements, they are motivated by the needs of clients and candidates.
A leading coal company with mines in New South Wales, Western Australia and Queensland, client is one of the largest coal producers in Australia.
They have multiple opportunities for Mechanical Fitters to join our client’s growing maintenance team, based at Blackwater (2 hours drive west of Rockhampton). Reporting to the Mechanical Superintendent, you will service and repair large scale heavy diesel mining equipment.
The role offers a 7 on, 7 off lifestyle roster, 10.5 hour day or night shifts and a great salary package. The company is focused on developing its people, and offers company provided camp facilities or an accommodation subsidy (by application).
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of plant and machinery within a mining environment
- Repair and service all types of plant and equipment including electric truck and hydraulic excavators
- Fault finding and diagnostics
Remuneration for this role will be discussed with relevant candidates.
To be successful in your application for this role, you will have experience in the coal mining industry (essential) and the following skills and experience:
- Relevant trade qualifications/certificate
- Standard 11 Induction Training Generic Surface induction
- Relevant Black Coal competencies
- Proven experience in fault-finding, repairs and servicing of heavy mining equipment
- Strong safety focus including thorough knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act as it relates to your individual responsibilities
- Demonstrated advanced mechanical knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Competency in MS Office applications and basic computer literacy
- Ability to work productively, and with initiative and drive under tight time-frames and pressure
- Ability to think laterally, adapt, improve and learn, together with a mature, flexible and collaborative team approach is essential
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training
Sound like you? Candidates interested in pursuing this role should apply NOW! Press APPLY on this ad, and forward your resume to Marley Halter.Apply for Heavy Mining Diesel Mechanical Fitters Job Tradesperson Rockhampton