iMINCO Mining Jobs - sign up for 2020 mining jobs
Excavator Operators – Mining Production
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specializing in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Operations span across Australia and South America.
They strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding clients’ needs. Commitment to ensuring deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centers on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the exciting new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometers east of Blackwater.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor/ OCE, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-start checks to ensure the machine is safe to operate
- Operating plant in an efficient and effective manner to achieve the shift production targets
- Reporting any faults and defects of plant immediately to the Supervisor
- Reporting all hazards, incidents, near misses and accidents immediately to the Supervisor
- Carrying out any other tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 7/7 roster, day and night shift rotation;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience in a similar production role within an open cut coal mining environment
- Extensive practical experience in the operation of Liebherr, Hitachi & Komatsu excavators in an open cut mining environment
- Proven ability to build solid working relationships with key stakeholders and interact with people at all levels
- Current and relevant units of mining RII competencies
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training Coal Induction
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for Mining and Civil Australia:
- Put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- Strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of employees, clients and investors.
- Recognize the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- Show leadership and take responsibility for Community.
- Provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- Recognize and reward people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, they recognize that are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. They are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. Respectfully request no agency approaches.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.Apply for Heavy Excavator Operators Coal Mining Production Australia
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.