You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Equipment Fitter – Rostered German Creek
SMW Group are now searching for experienced Heavy Equipment Diesel Fitters for permanent rostered position based at German Creek Mine.
Successful applicants for these roles will require:
- Experience in heavy earth moving, mining machinery and ancillary equipment
- Have a competent understanding of mobile plant maintenance and a proven ability with fault finding and diagnostics
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Working at Heights
- Confined Space
- Trade Qualified Diesel Fitter
- Drivers License
The following will be highly regarded:
- HR License
- High Risk Work License (eg Forklift Elevated Work Platform, Non Slew Crane)
Leading Bowen Basin mining and industry services provider.
SMW Group are a mining and industry services provider, based in Rockhampton and serving Central Queensland and the Bowen Basin.
Recipient of the 2014 Queensland Mining Contractor of the Year Award, SMW Group’s services include mechanical, heavy fabrication, blast and paint services and field servicing. They are also manufacturers of the Ultra Haul tray system and offer a full range of equipment for hire, maximizing productivity while equipment is undergoing repair or overhaul.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to Apply?
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Click Apply for Heavy Equipment Fitter German Creek Mine QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list