See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Tyre Fitter Open Cut Coal Mining Bowen Basin
A reputable mining company with a national footprint and broad scope of capability in Australia. A employer of choice for many within the mining industry.
4X Tyre Fitters Wanted
- Open cut coal mine located close to Moranbah in the Bowen Basin
- 7 day on 7 days off rotating day shift & night shift
- Tyre fitting on rims from 30” to 63”
- BIBO from Mackay or DIDO (FIFO options at your own cost)
- Work on major mining machinery up to CAT 797 trucks (tyre fitting mainly on trucks and graders)
What’s in it for you?
- Move to a permanent role with the company after a short probation
- $60.00ph + super on contract moving to (aprox) $145,000 package permanently
- Lifestyle friendly 7:7 roster – 12 hour shifts
- Move your career forward with a reputable mining company
- Option to FIFO if you live outside of the Bowen Basin
What do you require?
- 2-3 years recent experience working in the open cut mining industry
- Experience working on major mining mobile plant
- Relevant tyre fitting tickets and licenses
- Strong safety standards
- Coal board medical and standard 11 (advantageous)
Applications are being taken now for interviews. Apply now for more information
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Duty Tyre Fitter Open Cut Coal Mining Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.