See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Plant Mechanic FIFO 14/7 / RESO 8/4
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world’s leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, they supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors.
- Reporting to Shift Supervisor
- FIFO: 2/1 or Residential: 8/4
- Mt Whaleback: 12.5 hours per shift inclusive of a 30 minute unpaid meal break
- Heavy Duty Plant Mechanic Trade Certificate with a minimum of 2 – 3 years post trade experience
- Previous mechanical experience working on Caterpillar products
- High Risk License Forklift and Working at Heights
- Unrestricted C Class Drivers License
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships
- Intermediate computer literacy skills – MS Office, internet based applications
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
- Experience working on CAT Trucks 793F, 789B, 793B, 793C, 793D, Loaders 988G, Graders 24H
- Knowledge of WesTrac systems and processes
- Familiarity with service literature
- Current Forklift License
- Elevated Work Platform
- Dogging & Basic Rigging
- Working at Heights, Confined Spaces
WesTrac Company Benefits:
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
At WesTrac there primary focus is the people. They know that there success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as they look to the future and there goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, they are more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for business.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to Apply
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Click Apply for Heavy Duty Plant Mining Mechanic FIFO Newman WA
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.