Heavy Duty Mechanical Fitter Roles Available – Local and FIFO
They are currently looking to recruit a number of fitters and fixed plant mechanics for local and FIFO work in WA. There clients offer competitive hourly rates and the opportunity to work with a great team.
They are taking applications for a Heavy Duty Mechanical Fitter, Fixed Plant Mechanic and a Crusher Fitter with experience in the mining sector. The successful candidate will have proven experience in underground mining, and a solid understanding of OH&S standards in the mining sector. You will show initiative and be able to work well under pressure.
You will have no problems passing a drug and alcohol test, hold a valid National Police Clearance (issued within the last 6 months) and if successful, be able to obtain and maintain mine site entry requirements as required by your employment contract and/or relevant site contact.
Your duties will include:
- Compliance with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions as well as Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
- Carrying out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
- Liaising with the Maintenance Supervisor / Leading Hand to ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Carrying out schedule servicing to mobile equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with the service sheet.
- Reading and interpreting Service and Spare parts manuals.
- Reporting all equipment faults to the Maintenance Supervisor / Foreman for scheduling into the workshop.
- Ensuring site and maintenance procedures are maintained.
- Assisting with training of other trades people to support a constructive team environment.
- Experience in variety of machinery including CAT, Sandvik, Atlas and Copco.
- At least 2 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Excellent diagnostic and fault fining.
- Mine site experience is preferable.
- Competent on Auto Electrics, Hydraulic Circuits and Diesel engine maintenance.
- Excellent service and maintenance approach to the job.
- Australian recognized relevant Trade qualification.
- Valid Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’.
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid certificate.
Do you want to work for an organization that cares about their employees? Here at Merge, they believe in supporting employees to be the best that they can be. There team is constantly working to match quality candidates with quality employers.
Merge (formerly Steel Cap Recruitment), which began in 2008 as a single location in Perth, WA has had a lot to celebrate lately. They have reshaped, re-energized our brand of recruitment companies taking the initiative in Mental Health and Total Engagement with a fresh focus to redefine the way organizations engage with their workforce.
Their brand continues to deliver high calibre candidates for labour hire and permanent placements to there clients keeping in mind that “employees come first”. If this sounds exciting to you and you like to be part of the Merge team consider joining there team today!
If this sounds like the position for you, don’t wait, hit Apply Now or call on 9477 1122
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please click the ‘Apply Now‘ link to submit your application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Heavy Duty Mechanical Fitter Fixed Plant Crusher Mining Perth
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.