Heavy Duty Mechanical Fitter Roles Available – Local and FIFO
They are currently looking to recruit a number of fitters and fixed plant mechanics for local and FIFO work in WA. There clients offer competitive hourly rates and the opportunity to work with a great team.
They are taking applications for a Heavy Duty Mechanical Fitter, Fixed Plant Mechanic and a Crusher Fitter with experience in the mining sector. The successful candidate will have proven experience in underground mining, and a solid understanding of OH&S standards in the mining sector. You will show initiative and be able to work well under pressure.
You will have no problems passing a drug and alcohol test, hold a valid National Police Clearance (issued within the last 6 months) and if successful, be able to obtain and maintain mine site entry requirements as required by your employment contract and/or relevant site contact.
Your duties will include:
- Compliance with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions as well as Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
- Carrying out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
- Liaising with the Maintenance Supervisor / Leading Hand to ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Carrying out schedule servicing to mobile equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with the service sheet.
- Reading and interpreting Service and Spare parts manuals.
- Reporting all equipment faults to the Maintenance Supervisor / Foreman for scheduling into the workshop.
- Ensuring site and maintenance procedures are maintained.
- Assisting with training of other trades people to support a constructive team environment.
- Experience in variety of machinery including CAT, Sandvik, Atlas and Copco.
- At least 2 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Excellent diagnostic and fault fining.
- Mine site experience is preferable.
- Competent on Auto Electrics, Hydraulic Circuits and Diesel engine maintenance.
- Excellent service and maintenance approach to the job.
- Australian recognized relevant Trade qualification.
- Valid Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’.
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid certificate.
Do you want to work for an organization that cares about their employees? Here at Merge, they believe in supporting employees to be the best that they can be. There team is constantly working to match quality candidates with quality employers.
Merge (formerly Steel Cap Recruitment), which began in 2008 as a single location in Perth, WA has had a lot to celebrate lately. They have reshaped, re-energized our brand of recruitment companies taking the initiative in Mental Health and Total Engagement with a fresh focus to redefine the way organizations engage with their workforce.
Their brand continues to deliver high calibre candidates for labour hire and permanent placements to there clients keeping in mind that “employees come first”. If this sounds exciting to you and you like to be part of the Merge team consider joining there team today!
If this sounds like the position for you, don’t wait, hit Apply Now or call on 9477 1122
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please click the ‘Apply Now‘ link to submit your application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Heavy Duty Mechanical Fitter Fixed Plant Crusher Mining Perth
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.