Workshop / Mackay Surrounds HD Mechanic
- Optional 8, 10 or 12 hour days – with OT available, Monday to Friday
- 6 monthly Bonus
- company vehicle supplied
Why You Want to Work with Mader
- Top industry rates and super paid ON ALL hours worked
- Continuous development and Training opportunities
- Exposure to leading industry projects, with the flexibility of not being stuck at the same spot
- They are a team that cares if you are at work
- Can provide you with opportunities in QLD, NSW, SA, WA and overseas!
- Pay for your training and inductions
- LSL entitlements, Salary Packaging
- Mate of Mader Bonus scheme, Service awards
To be successful they require you to have:
- Applicable HD Mechanic trade certificate
- Demonstrated ability to work on your own
- Forklift certificate (not essential but will be looked upon favourably)
- High attention to detail and a strong approach to safety
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic Workshop Mader Queensland
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.