See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Fitters Plant Mining Mechanics
Trades & Labour Company is a Western Australia owned recruitment company that specializes in the provision of highly trained trades personnel servicing mining and associated industries throughout Australia.
They are currently have numerous vacancies for Heavy Duty Plant Mechanics with production mine maintenance experience. You will be conducting scheduled servicing, workshop maintenance, field service and breakdown repair across a variety of mining plant including;
- Dump Trucks up to CAT793
- CAT 992 and CAT994 Loaders
- CAT 16 and 24 Series Graders
- CAT D10, D11 and 854 Dozers
- Hitachi 3600 to 8000 Excavators
- Drill Rigs and Ancillary Fleet
To be considered you must have the following demonstrable skills, qualifications and experience:
- Valid Australian Drivers License
- Trade Certificate – Diesel Mechanic, Plant Mechanic or Similar
- Minimum of 3 Years Mine Maintenance Experience
- Experience maintaining a variety of earth moving equipment including; Graders, Dozers, Loaders, Excavators, Haul Trucks and Drills.
- Strong technical aptitude and fault finding ability
- Desire to work safely and comply with Occupational Health and Safety standards
NOTE: When you apply for this job Heavy Duty Fitters, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Interested in these roles? Apply via the ‘apply now’ button.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training.Click Apply for Heavy Duty Fitters Pilbara WA
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.