Experienced Heavy Duty Fitters – Full Time Permanent Job
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight they work closely with customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
They are currently seeking experienced Heavy Duty Fitters to join the team at Karara. Key responsibilities include repairs and maintenance of heavy duty machinery, and the preparation of relevant reports and documentation.
- Relevant Mechanical Diesel qualification
- Sound knowledge of CAT equipment
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Demonstrated post trade experience within a similar role
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be the best in all that you do.
WHAT THEY OFFER
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
- An overriding commitment to zero harm
- Join diverse and inclusive business
- Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth and DIDO from Geraldton. The site has a new camp offering modern unsuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting & recreational facilities.
For a confidential discussion please call Mary-Jane Heaney on 08 62129***.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Heavy Duty Fitters Mobile Mining Maintenance Karara QLD
Closing Date: 27 Jun 2018 W. Australia Standard Time
Standard 11 Mining Induction