See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Fitters – Weipa
Programmed Skilled Workforce are currently recruiting for there client, a world leader in finding, mining and processing the earth’s mineral resources for experienced HD Fitters for their site in Weipa.
- Duration: Minimum 6 – 9 months
- Roster: 7 on 7 off (day/night shift)
- Accommodation: Meals and Accommodation provided
- FIFO: Cairns
- Trade Certificate – Mandatory
- Forklift – Mandatory
- Current Drivers License – Mandatory
- EWP – Preferred
- Overhead Crane – Preferred
- Prior experience on Caterpillar Machinery
- Minimum 2 years mining experience
- Proof of Right to work in Australia
- RIIOHS202A – Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
- Apply Risk Management Processes Certification – or willing to obtain
- CPR – or willing to obtain [Valid for 1 year] – or willing to obtain
- First Aid – or willing to obtain [Valid for 3 years] – or willing to obtain
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Use Awareness Training – or willing to obtain [Valid 2 years] – or willing to obtain
- Strong compliance to and knowledge of site safety rules and regulations. High safety regard is paramount for this role.
In return you will be provided with:
- Accommodation and meals for the duration of the project
- An opportunity to grow your skills and work with a great team in one of the most beautiful, remote locations in Australia!
The successful applicant will need to complete a Pre-Employment and Drug & Alcohol before commencing on site. Please apply by following the links or alternatively please email your resume to ************@programmed.com.au
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Duty Fitters Mining Processing Weipa FIFO QLD
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.