If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Fitter Maintenance – Tom Price WA
Heavy Duty Fitter Maintenance Mobile equipment WA
- Variety of work with a mix of mobile equipment
- Great location and facilities
- 2/1 FIFO roster – ex Perth – Marandoo
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth’s mineral resources. They have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. They are committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It’s how they grow – it’s how you grow.
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
They are searching for a Heavy Duty Fitter to carry out mechanical inspections and maintenance on a variety of mobile equipment such as Caterpillar trucks, water carts, loaders and graders as well as Komatsu shovels, excavators, trucks and Atlas Copco surface drill rigs.
Located 45km east of Tom Price, Marandoo offers a range of fly in fly out rosters. The below-water-table expansion is expected to extend the life of the mine by approximately 16 years. An updated accommodation village complements the mine expansion and provides modern, comfortable facilities for its workforce.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with strong teamwork values and the desire to compete work to a high standard.
Working and reporting to the Supervisor Mobile Equipment, you will:
- Carry out scheduled and breakdown maintenance to a variety of mobile equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections
- Ensure that maintenance standards are kept at a high quality
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the equipment or work procedures
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Heavy Duty Mechanical Fitter or Plant Mechanic Trade Certificate
- An Australian C Class manual drivers license or higher
- Experience working on open cut mobile equipment including Caterpillar, Komatsu and surface drill rigs
- Familiar with SAP or similar maintenance system
- Strong fault finding and good all-round skills
- High Risk Licenses such as Forklift and EWP
- Working at Heights
How to apply
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are searching for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.