This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Diesel Mobile Plant Mechanic – Bowen Basin
Heavy Duty Diesel Mobile Plant Mechanic Mining Bowen Basin QLD
- Diesel Fitter / HD Mechanic / HD Fitter / Diesel Mechanic / Plant Mechanic
- Flexible Rosters/Top Industry Rates to match your experience/ Super On All Hours
- Immediate & Delayed Starts / Long term work
Company – Your role:
Benefits & Culture of Mader:
- Top industry Rates to match your experience, paid fortnightly
- Super paid on all hours worked (9.5%)
- Flexible working conditions (rosters / location)
- Working on large OEM equipment
- Equal opportunities to all employees
- A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Unprecedented referral program and service awards
- Salary packaging options available
- All accommodation and meals expenses paid
- Training inductions and Up skilling provided
- Opportunities across Australia and International
Skills & experience they are searching for:
- Australian Recognized Trade Completion Certificate
- 3+ years post trade mining experience
- National Police Clearance
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Coal Mine Induction
- Section 4 Coal Board Medical
- Valid C class Driver’s License
- Ex-OEM experience preferred
- Experience on ultra-class – CAT, Komatsu, Hitachi and Liebherr machinery – Essential
- Current S123 – highly desirable
- Outstanding troubleshooting / diagnostic skills
- Current mine site inductions preferred
Mader Qld is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to join there team.
How to apply?
To be considered for this role, please click the ‘Apply Now‘ link to submit your application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Duty Diesel Mobile Plant Mechanic Mining Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list