This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics QLD
Mader Queensland are currently seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic mechanics to join the MQld team. They have field service and rostered site positions available, offering a variety of rosters including a 7+7, 5n2. They also offer a variety of extended rosters for those who are keen on doing that little bit extra. Reporting to Field Service coordinators, you will provide support to a wide variety of clients and sites throughout the Bowen Basin. Preference will be given to those currently residing in the Bowen Basin, or those willing to relocate to Mackay, however candidates from all locations will be considered for FIFO roles
Benefits with Mader
- Super paid ON ALL hours worked
- LSL Entitlements
- Flexible rosters
- Mader years of Service awards
- Travel Club
- Mate of Mader (MOM) bonus scheme
- Salary Packaging
- 3+ years post trade experience
- Applicable trade certificate
- 3+ years of mining or civil experience
- Preference will be given to mechanics with Ex-OEM experience
- High attention to detail and a strong approach to safety
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Coal mine induction
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current S123 – highly desirable
- Current mine site inductions preferred
The Nitty Gritty
For further information on this, or any of their roles nation wide please contact Qld HR Co-Ordinator on:
- Phone: 07 3059 6140
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.madergroup.com.au
NOTE: When you apply for this job Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply for this job?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics Mader Queensland
Alternatively, drop in and see at 48 Enterprise Street, Paget, Mackay.
Mader Qldis an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to join the team.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list