Heavy Duty Diesel Fitters – Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specializing in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Operations span across Australia and South America.
They strive to be the best by investing in people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding their clients’ needs. There commitment to ensuring they deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centers on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometers east of Blackwater.
They have opportunities available for experienced Heavy-Duty Diesel Fitters to join their team. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Completing scheduled repairs and maintenance to equipment in accordance with servicing and maintenance documentation
- Diagnosing, problem solving, fault finding and attending to breakdowns in the workshop or in-field in a timely manner
- Undertaking component change outs on all Liebherr, Komatsu, Hitachi and Caterpillar equipment
- Working in collaboration with the OEM to deliver high quality solutions and results
- Completing all maintenance records and documentation and recording the movement of spare parts
- Prioritising tasks to ensure deadlines are met and desired outcomes are achieved
- Performing other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 7/7 roster, day and night shift rotation
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience in a similar diesel fitting role within an open cut mining environment
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and servicing on Caterpillar, Hitachi and Komatsu equipment
- Forklift Licence, EWP and Working at Heights tickets
- Trade qualifications in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent
- RII's [...Learn about RII's]SAM301D, AURLTB002, AURKTB002 and AURHTB005 competencies
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Coal Induction
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for Mining and Civil Australia
- Put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- They strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of employees, clients and investors.
- Recognize the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- Show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- Provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- They recognize and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, they recognize that they are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. They also committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.Apply for Experienced Heavy Duty Diesel Fitters Bluff Coal Mining Project Australia
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.