Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter/Mechanics wanted Queensland and NT
Job tasks and responsibilities
Corestaff are looking to hear from highly trained and mining experienced (OEM training preferred) heavy duty diesel mechanics and fitters for different types of roles around mines in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Always keeping in mind, the need to have a balanced work/family life, Corestaff are offereing various lifestyle and 7/7; and FIFO 2/1 rosters across different mining sites. Successful applicants will be working in open cut coal and hard rock mines.
How to apply
Email a copy of your updated resume to Brisbanemining@corestaff.com.au
or read more about the
Skills and experience
- Trade qualified heavy diesel mechanic or diesel fitter.
- Preference to OEM trained individuals (Hastings, Westrac, William Adams etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Caterpillar mining and civil mobile plant.
- Previous post trade mining experience essential.
- Detailed component change out and detailed diagnostic skills.
- Strong Caterpillar ET and SIS experience.
- Competent with internal component work (engine, transmission).
- Experience in FIFO/DIDO mining roles.
Bowen Basin coal site specifics
- Current Coal Board Medical [...*Coal Board Medical*].
- Current Standard 11 [*Standard 11 Training*]/BMA induction.
- Black coal competencies or high risk tickets.
- Any current site inductions advantageous.
Job benefits and perks
- Genuine industry leading pay.
- Weekly pay, so you get your cash quickly.
- 10 % superannuation is paid on all hours worked.
- Salary Sacrificed flights are available.
- Corestaff want you to stay on the job, so retention bonuses are offered.
- Yearly leave allowance, so you can get away and take a break.
- Get in on the ground floor of a small company with big growth plans Australia-wide.
About the business and the role
Corestaff are a small Queensland based heavy equipment maintenance business supplying premium maintenance services and labour to large civil and mining projects/sites around Queensland and Australia.
The business is owned by OEM trained field service technicians who really understand the importance of quality maintenance from highly qualified and experienced trades people, their personal experience and commitment to the business reflects in the quality of trades people they hire and the standard of work they complete for their clients.
How to apply
Email a copy of your updated resume to Brisbanemining@corestaff.com.au. Make certain your resume is up to date and matches the core elements of the job on offer. The iMINCO eBook on resume tips is highly recommended.
or read more about the
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin is Queensland's coal mine region and contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. It was named after the first Govenor of Queensland, Sir George Bowen.
This major coal producing region is home to one of the world's largest deposits of bituminous coal. The Bowen Basin, which contains virtually all ofthe state's hard coking coal, is the most important source of export coal in Queensland. This is why it's such a mining jobs hotspot.
High quality coal is mined here, both above and below ground, creating many opportunities for workers who seek long-term employment.
Most of the basin's open cut and underground coal mines are located in the north. The basin has around 50 operational coal mines. The Goonyella railway line is the main route for coal exports via Dalrymple Bay and Hay Point. Coal is also sent by way of the Port of Gladstone.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore. There is an estimated population of over 40,000 people in the area. Click here for a map of the Bowen Basin and its communities.
604 mining jobs in the system
The links below are related, you may find them helpful in your mining research on : 'Moxy Operator Mining New South Wales'.