See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter
Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter Mechanical Maintenance Brisbane
At Bis they support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. They offer many benefits to there employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach shared goals. Their progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of there people working in a high performing and agile culture.
There commitment is to be a reflection of the communities in which they operate. They recognize that diverse and inclusive teams outperform others, creates an enjoyable and engaging team environment and delivers exceptional results. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply to this and any of there career opportunities.
The role involves mechanical maintenance and repairs of their truck and trailer fleet. Also attending breakdowns on site. This is a FIFO position from Perth on a 2 /1 roster.
Be Part of Something Exciting:
They are committed to providing you with the support to successfully undertake your role. In return, they expect you to:
- Be proactive in continually improving their industry-leading safety performance and upholding the importance of Zero Harm for both personnel and equipment
- Ensure maintenance schedules are carried out as per work order requirements
- Ensure adherence to safe work practices and provide documentation as required to meet HSE, MSIA (mine safety inspection act) and client contract requirements
- Be involved with close inspection of truck and trailer equipment
- Conducting pre-start checks on all equipment prior to its use
- Completion of plant mechanical repairs and plant operation as required.
The successful applicant must be willing to undergo a pre-employment aptitude & fitness for work test.
You will also require:
- Trade qualification as a Heavy Automotive Diesel Fitter
- Minimum of 12 months post trade experience, maintaining truck and trailer equipment
- Surface mining operation and maintenance experience desirable
- Current driver’s license, skid steer competency, EWP and Working at Heights
- Computer literacy and ability to maintain effective record keeping
At Bis they do not just look at your qualifications, licenses or experience – they want to ensure every team member lives the values of Zero Harm, Unity, Passion, Excellence and Relationships. With Bis, you can deliver every day.
They are your resources logistics company
Bis is a mining services company who have been have been delivering logistics, materials handling, specialized equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia every day since 1915.
They find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while searching after the health, safety and well being of there people, the communities they operate in and their environment. Their strong team focus enables to solve problems for there customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution there people make, every day.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter Mechanical Maintenance Brisbane