If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Mechanic – Open Pit Mining Job
- Heavy mining machinery
- Seven days on, seven days off rotating day /night roster
- Enjoy the outdoors lifestyle of the Otago region in New Zealand
Due to an increase in production and crew numbers the Macraes Open Pit Maintenance Operation are searching for experienced Heavy Diesel Mechanics to join the ever-changing environment at Macraes.
Please note this is not a FIFO position and there is no residential on-site accommodation.
Working in a positive team environment where knowledge is shared and ongoing training is provided.
The role of the Heavy Diesel Mechanic is to safely and efficiently undertake the maintenance, repairs and servicing of all Open Pit mining machinery, ancillary plant and equipment.
Excellent communication skills are crucial to your success in this role along with a proven ability to work under pressure and independently.
You will need to be prepared to work near large mobile mining equipment, in a potentially dusty, cold, hot, wet, and windy environment.
Working on an attractive seven days on, seven days off roster with rotating day and night shifts means you can enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that the region offers – famous for its spectacular lakes and rivers, snow-capped mountains, outdoor pursuits, vineyards, and fruit growing.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- the repair, maintenance, rebuilding, servicing and inspection of the mining fleet, machinery and other field based equipment
- computer diagnostics and fault finding
- attending to breakdowns across the Macraes site
- basic repairs to electrical systems on the mining fleet and ancillary plant
- backlog and defect reporting and repairs
- recording and reporting of usage of all components, parts, G.E.T and other resources on work-order job cards
- applying Contamination Control methodologies for all work that is undertaken
- maintaining high levels of housekeeping at all facilities, equipment and company vehicles
- role model best practice mechanically and with health and safety.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a trade qualification in heavy automotive engineering
- strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- significant experience in mechanical repairs, maintenance and field service of heavy mining machinery in open pit environments on large mining excavators, trucks, drills rigs, graders, dozers and other ancillary equipment
- ideally certificates in: first aid; forklift; overhead gantry and non-slewing crane; rigging and slinging and work at height to the relevant NZ standards
- the ability to work independently whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- a high standard of safety
- computer literacy skills
- a full, clean, current driver’s license and confident driving a manual vehicle
- the ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Remuneration and benefits:
- family friendly roster
- a set salary scale according to experience: from NZ$80,000 – NZ$105,000
- Southern Cross Medical Insurance for you and subsidized for your family living with you
- company bus service is provided from Dunedin to the mine at Macraes
- New Zealand government KiwiSaver superannuation scheme – 3%
- uniform and PPE provided.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of their business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with values.
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and a smoke-free work site.
If you share the same values and have what they are searching for, please apply online now via their website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Apply for Heavy Diesel Mechanic Open Pit Mining FIFO Brisbane QLD